Stuffing your closet with clothes is easy, but sifting out the old can feel as stressful as living with it. So how do you begin to get organized?
Here are a few guidelines to eliminating the clutter:
- You no longer LOVE it.
- You haven’t worn it in over a year.
- That trend is no longer in style.
- It no longer projects the image you want to project.
- It itches, scratches or pinches.
- It’s damaged – missing buttons or has a broken zipper
From the merchandise you’ve pulled out of your closet, evaluate what you can consign and what should be donated. When you can walk into your closet, see all of your options at a glance and know that everything in it will make you look and feel your best – that’s a great way to start your day!