Today, we’re talking about oversized chunky sweaters and why we absolutely adore them for fall. They’re comfy, warm, luxurious, fuzzy, versatile, and comfy (we mentioned that already but it deserves a double mention)! The word “comfy” might conjure up mental images of loungewear but you can be comfy and still be chic! Here are 10 of our favorite ways to style chunky sweaters to look chic this fall!
- Chunky + Skinny Jeans: a classic combo that just about anyone has in their closet. Throw on an ornate pair of earrings and toss your hair up in a bun for a classic comfy-chic fall look.
- Chunky + Leather Leggings: Take comfy-chic to an edgy level by adding a pair of leather leggings under your sweater. This look soars to a whole new level when you also add a statement heal like Olivia Palermo does with this outfit.
- Chunky + Boyfriend Jeans: By pairing these two slouchy friends together, you make one fabulously comfy and stylish outfit. Add a button down silk blouse under the sweater to add just a hint of feminine charm.
- Chunky + Pencil Skirt: It’s a wardrobe combo to always base your style around- fitted & oversized. By pairing your chunky-knit sweater with a long pencil skirt you’ll be ready for work or an impromptu happy hour with the girls.
- Chunky + Leather Skirt: where classy meets edgy. Similar to leather leggings but the skirt aspect adds an extra touch of girly playfulness.
- Chunky + Basic Shift Dress: Talk about styling from your closet. We love that an oversized chunky sweater and a plain-Jane shift dress can become completely different pieces by being layered. Be sure to add a belt to bring out some silhouette.
- Chunky + Colored Corduroy: Mixing textures is probably our favorite part about this outfit. Not only are knit fabrics and corduroy already comfortable, but they create subtle and elegant mixtures of color and pattern to your fall wardrobe.
- Chunky + Maxi Skirt: Need we say more here? Chunky Sweater and a maxi skirt both scream, “throw me on and go.” Perfect for an on-the-go weekend outfit!
- Chunky + Monochrome: Similar to the pattern play we love about the chunky sweater and corduroy, the multitude of textures you can find within a monochromatic color palette will have you looking chic and put together for any occasion this fall!
- Chunky + Classic White Button Down: This is a tip that you can apply to any of the above suggestions in case it’s an extra cold day, you are in love with a chunky sweater that has itchy wool or you’re wanting a pop of crisp white to separate your sweater and pant.
At Clothes Circuit, we are adding new knits and sweaters to the sales floor every day. While it may be a while before you can wear them in Dallas, we encourage you to shop today for the best selection. Preparation is key to looking cool.